Terms & Conditions
Welcome to BIO Networking based in the East Midlands. Started by Karen Cureton and Lindsey Newman-Wood in 2013, it is a successful and vibrant business networking group that meet on a monthly basis near to East Midlands Airport.
BIO has been set-up with one aim in mind – to give like minded business owners and directors a chance to do business in a relaxed environment with no lock out although we do restrict it to no more than two of each type of business.
We guarantee you will get a warm welcome and that you will make some great connections amongst a group of like minded professionals from a range of disciplines and markets.
Our ‘no-lock out’ policy means you can attend the group even if you are a member of another group as we do not have a one seat approach – we believe people buy people and there is enough business to go round!
BIO follows a mix of informal and formal networking opportunities which we believe ensures that you get the best from the time you spend with us.
- You are entitled to the BIO benefits detailed in the membership document for one calendar year from your payment being made;
- BIO operates a Benefits Club within which there are four levels of membership each with their own benefits:
- Members have a presence on the relevant areas on our website – www.bionetworking.co.uk;
- You will be sent two reminders for your benefits after which we will assume you don’t want to take advantage of them;
- Other than access to our Platinum Membership, we do not operate a lockout policy;
- Unless by prior arrangement, your discount entitles you to one person from your business attending the group;
- We reserve the right to review membership costs on the first working day of the year or on an “as needs” basis should operational, cost or others factors require an ad-hoc review;
- We reserve the right to review meeting fees on the first working day of the year or on an “as needs” basis should operational, cost or others factors require an ad-hoc review.
- If for any reason you are unable to make a meeting we ask that you try and send a hot seater in your place.
OUR ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES
- There is an initial membership fee.
- Membership last for one calendar year from the date of receipt of the fee.
- Fees are paid by BACS.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Fees cannot be transferred from one person to another unless the fees were paid by the same company.
- There won’t be an August meeting and the December meeting is usually a festive lunch
- BIO is intended to grow organically and to assist this process members are encouraged to bring a visitor.
- If the visitor consequently joins BIO the member making the introduction shall receive a free one month extension to their membership.
BIO offers four levels of membership to suit your individual requirements and aspirations and your pocket. The criteria for membership at any level and the benefits that result may vary from time to time.